Shipping, Delivery, and In-Store Pickup Policies
Thank you for visiting and shopping at BlueBarn.Shop. We ship all of our orders via our approved shippers and do not accept pre-paid or collect shipping arranged by the customer. You will receive an email update with your tracking number once your order has shipped.
If you wish to pay via credit card, the billing address MUST match the shipping address. Orders paid via credit card that have a different shipping address will be cancelled. If you require shipping to another address, please email us.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, please email us at [email protected]
Shipping Costs by Province
If your shipping address is within British Columbia and Alberta:
- Orders of $99 or more before tax, ship free.
- Orders less than $99 have a $14.95 flat rate shipping fee. GST/HST is added to shipping fees.
If your shipping address is in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland & Labrador:
- Orders of $99 or more have a $14.95 flat rate shipping fee. GST/HST is added to shipping fees.
- Orders less than $99 have a $24.95 flat rate shipping fee. GST/HST is added to shipping fees.
If your shipping address is in Yukon, NWT or Nunavut, shipping is based on weight:
- For orders less than 10 lbs (4.5 kg) a flat rate of $24.95 will be applied.
- For orders over 10 lb (4.5 kg) a variable rate will be applied based on the total weight.
For all orders that also include a heavy or oversize item, there is a $10 handling fee per item. GST/HST is added to handling fees.
Orders that have a COMBINED total weight of over 15 lbs may incur additional handling fees.
- A heavy item is defined as being over 15 lb.
- An oversize item is one that the dimensions are larger than 45″/112.5 cm combined height, length, and width.
- The maximum weight per package that we are able to ship is 66 lb/30 kg.
- The maximum package size we are able to ship is Length + Girth = 9.84 ft/3 m with no one dimension exceeding 78.7 in (2 m).
- If the address provided to us is wrong, and if additional shipping fees are incurred to have the package sent to the correct location, the purchaser will be responsible for all additional fees.
**Shipping fees do not apply to In-Store or Curbside Pickup
In-Store Pick Up Only Products
Some of our products are labeled for In-Store Pick Up only. These include but are not limited to:
- Products made of glass, like aquariums and terrariums
- Frozen foods
- Agricultural feed
- Items exceeding the maximum package size based on size requirements from Canada Post. For example, large cat posts, stock tanks, large pet cages, etc.
In-Store and Curbside Pickup is FREE.
All In-Store Pickup orders will be held at the pickup location for 10 days. If the order is not picked up within 10 days the order will be canceled and a refund will be issued, minus a 25% restocking fee.
We accept VISA, Mastercard and E-Transfer
- Orders using e-transfer must be paid within 24 hours or the order will be canceled.
- If payment information is wrong and you receive an email that payment is pending, payment must be made within 24 hours or the order will be canceled.
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Item must be in the original packaging.
- Item must have a receipt or proof of purchase.
Some items are non-returnable.
- Customized items like pet tags, aquarium backgrounds, (cut-to-length), etc
- Electronic items (clippers, collars, containment systems, heaters, etc). Please contact the manufacturer directly if you have issues or concerns.
- Pet clothing
- Agricultural feed
If you are dissatisfied in any way with the product once you receive it, please call or email us first, then if you wish to return the item(s), you will be responsible for paying the shipping costs. All shipping and handling fees are non-refundable for product returns and/or undeliverable packages.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you of the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your original method of payment. We do not refund shipping or handling fees for product returns and/or undeliverable packages. Please allow up to five business days for the credit to show on your account.
Undeliverable Packages/Accuracy of Information
We do not refund shipping or handling fees for product returns and/or undeliverable packages due to incorrect addresses or abandonment of the order. If a package is returned to us because it was undeliverable, rejected, or abandoned, your refund will be minus the cost of the original shipping fees incurred to send it to you, and the fees to return the package back to us.
We rely on the information you provide, including name, address, email, and payment information. The information must be accurate and true. You will be fully liable for losses, damages, and additional charges incurred by you, us, or any other person, as a result of you providing inaccurate or incomplete information.
Your package was delivered, but you can’t find it
If your tracking information shows that your package was delivered, but you can’t find it, do the following:
- Verify the shipping address in your Account profile
- Look for a notice of attempted delivery
- Look around the delivery location for your package
- See if someone else accepted the delivery
- Check your mailbox or wherever else you receive mail. (This could be at the post office, a mall, etc)
- Wait 48 hours; in rare cases, packages may say delivered up to 48 hours before arrival.
If there’s still no sign of the package contact the carrier using the information here.
- All of our products are priced in Canadian dollars and are exclusive of the applicable sales taxes. Blue Barn reserves the right to change the prices of products listed on the website without notice.
- We reserve the right to limit quantities for sale or sold, and the right to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order for any reason.
- All images are a representation only and products may not be exactly as shown.
- If the price of any item is incorrectly displayed at the time of placing the order, we will give you an opportunity to place a new order.
- If an item becomes unavailable, we will reach out to you to offer a substitute. If we don’t hear from you, we reserve the right to substitute similar items of equal or higher value, or we may cancel that portion of your order and issue a refund.
Shipping Times and Canada Post
- We use Canada Post as our shipper.
- Our standard shipping class is Expedited.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, orders within BC should arrive within 1-2 business days of being shipped.
- Orders across Canada typically arrive within 5-7 business days.
- We strive to ship your order within 1-3 business days; orders are not processed or shipped on weekends.
Once your order has shipped, you will receive tracking information via the email you provided while placing your order so that you can track your package.
Please check your junk mail if you are concerned that the tracking information is taking too long. And of course, reach out to us anytime if you have questions.